Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pilot Post

Hey hey, we have a music blog. This blog is completely dedicated to music. I will be posting audio files of my original songs and also covers of some of my favorites, and also have discussions about certain kinds of music, favorite bands, new bands I have come across, etc.

The genres I enjoy are folk (like old Jewel stuff, Nickel Creek, Iron and Wine, Damien Rice, Ani DiFranco, Paul Simon, Elliot Smith, Dashboard Confessional, The Shins, Nick Drake, Jack Johnson, Trystan Prettyman, Ryan Adams, Ben Harper, Rickie Lee Jones, Joze Gonzalez, Johnny Cash, Elana Brody...), all kinds of Rock (Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Grateful Dead, Radiohead, The Postal Service, The Beatles, Phish, Modest Mouse, Pinback, La Tigre, Kings Of Leon), and some stuff that is so great as to be un-classifi-able, if that is even a word! (TalkDemonic, Andy McKee, Andrew Bird, Sigur Ros, Bjork, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Portishead, etc...); I also love Orchestral/Classical music.

Please feel free to enter into these discussions; I do enjoy a good chat about music, and I would love to hear about new music and bands that move your hearts and souls... let me know, yeah?

No comments: